Sunday, March 22, 2009

SMR advisor


The SMR advisor course was yesterday, we talked over everything very detailed due to the familiar mood – extra thanks to Feri for his patience regarding the questions. I am very happy to have made a closer acquaintance with Balazs – he is a great person and you can only respect his trainings, too.
I could write long odes on how awesome and useful the course was but prefer a proof instead:
Yesterday evening I made an FMS test asked by a victim and troubleshooting her TGU. As already written by Feri, too, the test and the TGU have shown in full synch the same mistakes (asymmetry 2 in HS and ILL, inflexible hip). Prior to the corrective drills I took the foam roller and we started to work on the problem areas. No more surprise for me that – confirming the forecast of Feri – I could score with a very good hit proportion in advance which area would hurt and where, and after half an hour of SMR the hip lift improved a lot! Of course she has to work on the asymmetry but I wait a significant improvement by combining SMR and FMS corrective drills very soon (I will report on the results).
I did not spare the work for myself, either: I played with the Tiger Tail – it is a blessing for my neck, and a stiff trigger point in my left shoulder is giving in to the Knobble. The pain in my knee vanished after 10 minutes of SMR on the corresponding areas.
It is great to feel that I not only can begin something with the problems but can handle them :-) I am keen on this stuff, thanks for Feri for everything so far and I hope – actually am quite sure – that there will be a lot to thank for in the future, as well!

No comments: