Friday, May 16, 2008

Rest

Just as usual, I started my day with joint mobility (JM). It is the mobilization of the joints and at the same time an excellent warm up to training, too. You can get acquainted with it from the excellent book of DVD of Pavel Tsatsouline, entitled Super Joints. As far as I am informed Hungarian RKC-s use JM for warm up, as well.
Unfortunately, the JM session will not be followed by kettlebell training for three days now, because my knee has not recovered from an injury caught at a hike approximately 4 weeks ago. Since then I have run a half marathon, went climbing and of course accomplished the RKC (afterwards came one regeneration day and this week I did my training instead of the 16 kg KB with the 12 kg). Nevertheless, I should not go overboard, thus until Monday my sport program consists of JM, stretching and yoga.It will be hard to resist but must be in order to be able to train at 100% again as soon as possible. I have to keep in view that rest / regeneration forms just as important part of the training process as physical training itself – in fact, muscles improve strength during the rest period. If one does not take regeneration breaks and exaggerates oneself, it has not the expected spectacular improvement as consequence but gradual decline of performance and in worst case an injury. I usually have one resting day a week when stretching and yoga are the most. Now I will use these three days inter alia to study Relax into Stretch from Pavel which displays a different approach to stretching as the usual way. Having had the honor to see personally how efficient it is for flexibility I am much more convinced. Besides, I am motivated by the recommendation received from him when he dedicated the book at the RKC: „Rita! Be flexible, or else…” :-)

No comments: